Monday, June 24, 2013

Happy 2nd remission year to me.....

     It was told to me when all my cancer stuff started happening that  with my type of cancer if it were to return the greatest chance  would be  within the first two years after chemo.  Today I got the word that I have passed that 2 year mark and remain in remission!   My blood work came back excellent and the one mass I still have in me still remains but hasn't grown.  So yes, this is great news!
     I will admit those words have been circulating through my head for the past two years...just so happy to have made it to this mark and getting the confirmation today.  Things have been going well as far as health.  I am learning that now whenever I get sick/cold/allergies it pretty much always goes to my throat and the tissue around the base of my neck.  I do still have a lot of scar tissue that has built up over the past years that does cause my neck area to be tender right where  I had my surgery, but hey it is something I don't mind dealing with.
   My next appointment will be in another 6 months as part of my regular maintenance.   So as of now I am just soaking in the small things of life such as ... being able to finally hold my hair in my hand and put it into a ponytail, being able to fly whenever I want and not  have to worry about being close to a hospital to name a few.  But most importantly and without sounding too cliché, I am just so happy I have many many, more years to be around and watch my little Audrey grow up!



“Patience is not the ability to wait but the ability to keep a good attitude while waiting.”  --Joyce Meyer  
   
How can I not visit here every year?  The peace the Oregon Coast brings to me is something I greatly value in my life.
 
Audrey quickly realized that mommy was right and having a beach ball that is really light on a windy beach day don't mix....let's just say after she(and mommy) had to chase that sucker down a few times MOMMY was soooo over it!  haha

1 comment: