I am now at 7 down and 1 more to go. I will have a PET and CT scan sometime in January to make sure things are shrinking and going away. Radation will start shortly after that. I really cannot wait till I am finished with chemo for good. So here is hoping down the road that those tests only show good things.
As the year is winding down, this year has been quite an emotional one. The first half or the year was full of happy emotion and nervousness as I was awaiting the arrival of Audrey. Well then the second half of the year again was full of emotion and nervousness of a not so good kind. Cancer. I may have said this before but I don't think you can fully ever prepare youself for hearing those words whether it be for you or someone close to you. I have come so far from being that scared person sitting in the doctors office and hearing that I may have cancer to knowing how to tell if my white blood cell count is too low. Life sometimes has a funny way of teaching us lessons especially the ones we don't want to hear because we are scared of what we may find out.
"I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health." January 2nd I will have been married for 2 years. Who knew that those words would be at the forefront so early on in our marriage. Bobby has been such a wonderful support to me. If you now Bobby, you know that he is the type of guy that can say a lot without have to say much. He has been such a great source of encouragement and has made me feel that I am not doing this alone. When someone sticks by you in one of you lowest moments of you life and will do almost anything to make you feel better, you know you have a keeper. I feel very blessed to have someone like him in my corner. (ok done with being sap lol)
So as of now I wait for my what I hope to be my last chemo treatment ever. I am looking forward to the new year and finding out what new options I have in front of me.
Hey Martha!
ReplyDeleteI have been reading along your journey but actually created an account so I can comment to you directly. It was so good to see you at the mall. I thought you looked fantastic! And little Audrey is not so little anymore!!! I am so proud of you and think of you often! Your strength and will speaks wonders of the kind of woman that you are. Bobby and Audrey are lucky to have such an amazing wife and mommy! Here's to health and recovery and successful treatments. Happy New Years!